and Information for the AGTS Community
Volume XXVIII, Number 4
- The North Central Association (NCA) will be visiting Central Bible
College (CBC) on November 15-17 to evaluate CBC for accreditation recommendation.
- Please set aside 30 minutes during these three days to pray for
God’s favor during this NCA visit on the CBC campus.
- Sign up at the Information Center for a 30-minute time slot to
pray for CBC.
AGTS Christmas Party
- Saturday, December 4
- 6-8 p.m. at Evangel University Cafeteria
- Plan to join friends, faculty and staff
for a wonderful Christmas celebration.
- More details to come!
Coming soon … A Coffee House!
- Be on the alert for the new AGTS Coffee House, 268-1066.
- Thanksgiving Holiday—November 25-26
- Please open your home and make this a special season of
giving to the people of our community.
- As faculty and staff of AGTS, we want everyone to have
a place to go for Thanksgiving. If you do not have a place to spend Thanksgiving, please
contact Amy in the Student Services Office at 268-1081.
Where in the world is President Klaus?
- October 24—First AG Visalia, California
- October 27—First AG, Kailua, Hawaii
- November 4—Saddleback Church, Purpose Driven Chaplains
Conference, Orange County, California
- November 7—Christian Outreach Center, West Columbia, South Carolina
- November 10-12—Oxford Centre
for Missions Studies, Oxford, England. Lecture at the World
Mission Briefing. “The State of the Church Growth Movement
in the U.S.—Focus on Young Adults.”
Thanksgiving Library Hours
- Wed., November 24–8
- Fri.-Sat., November 26-27–9
- Sun., November 28–Closed
Last Reminder for Fall Graduates
examination date and deadline for both the M.A.T.S. seminary-quality
paper and the analytical reflection paper.
available at legacy.agts.edu.
Summer 2005 Cross-Cultural Ministry Practicums
- Domestic or foreign setting CCM practicums should be approved before Monday, November 15.
- Schedule an interview with Dr. Barbara Cavaness.
Spring 2005 Practicums
- Student must apply and register for class credit BEFORE doing a practicum.
- Credit will no longer be given for those requesting credit after completing a practicum.
Regular Library Hours
- Monday-Wednesday–8 a.m.-10
- Thursday-Friday–8 a.m.-10:45
- Saturday–9 a.m.-6 p.m.
Amy Turnage—firstname.lastname@example.org 268-1081
Students SAC Breakfast
- Special breakfast for all students who are required to have a student visa
- Saturday, November 6
- Details will arrive in a personal invitation.
Thank you, SAC!
- The SAC team has graciously served the AGTS students by providing the
- Wireless network access for the lower and upper classrooms. The access
points are named SAC 1 and SAC 2. SAC 1 requires an encryption key, which is available from
- Self-service coffee in the student lounge. Courteous usage is requested.
- A couch on the second floor of the library.
Business Office News
Jeff Dornbusinessoffice@agts.edu or
third deferred payment for the fall term is due November 15.
order to avoid late charges, payments must be made on or before that
Spring 2005 Scholarships
- The Scholarship Committee met in October to determine scholarship awards
for the spring term.
- Notifications of the committee's action were placed in student mailboxes.
- Applications for fall awards will be available in the Business Office
Thanksgiving Weekend Building Hours
- Please note the building hours during the Thanksgiving Holiday weekend
- Wed., November 24–7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Thurs., November 25–Closed
- Fri., November 26–9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Sat., November 27–9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Regular building hours will resume on Monday,
- Prayer Ministry
- Every Tuesday at 10:20 a.m. in the Chapel
- Prison Ministry
- Sunday, November 28 at 1:45 p.m.
- Background check
first week of November
- Contact Jerrod Ramirez at 234-5830
or email@example.com for
more information or background check forms.
Records & Financial Aid News
Deadlines for Spring Loans
- November 1—Priority deadline
- November 22—Final deadline for non-priority service
- Following documents are due by deadline:
- FAFSA, completed and processed, www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Financial Aid Application/Student Loan Data Sheet, legacy.agts.edu
- Certification Statement Sheet, legacy.agts.edu
- Contact Debbie in the Financial Aid Office, 268-1028 or
- November 9-12
- Check your email the week of November 1-5 for details.
- Sign up to see faculty advisor.
- Appointment sheets are posted on office doors November 2.
Dr. Joseph Castleberry
- Spoke at the missions convention at People’s Church in Arnold, Missouri on October 1-3
- Spoke on October 21 at the missions service at Rockpointe Community Church in Sterling Heights, Michigan
Dr. Johan Mostert
- Attended the Christian Community Development Association annual conference
in Atlanta, Georgia on October 27-30
Dr. Edgar Lee
- Was the morning speaker and Bible teacher for the General Assembly of the Assemblies of God Alliance in Accra,
Ghana, West Africa, October 6-10. This is a meeting that occurs every four years and consists of missionary
leaders and general superintendents from all over the African continent.
Dr. Melody Palm
- Co-presented, with Dr. JoAnn Butrin, a workshop, “Post-traumatic
Stress Disorders and Critical Incident Debriefing,” in Springfield, Missouri on October 18-19.
- Dr. Hernando’s article, “What is the Church?” was
published in Obreiro—Brazilian Journal for Pentecostal
Ministry. The article argues that understanding what the church is (ontology) and the purpose it occupies
in the redemptive plan of God (teleology) should determine the priorities we give to ecclesiastical programs and activities.
Karen Partain firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Enrollment Trips
3-4—American Indian College, Phoenix, Arizona, to teach and speak in Chapel
- November 8-10—Oklahoma District Council
- November 18—Seattle Bible College
- November 19—Northwest University, Kirkland, Washington