and Information for the AGTS Community
AGTS Graduation Events
- Doctor of Ministry Symposium
- Friday, May 5, 12:30-2:15 p.m. in the Chapel
- Alumni & Friends Brunch
- Saturday, May 6, 9:30 a.m. in the Great Hall
- RSVP deadline: May 1—Call Veronica
- Saturday, May 6, 2:30 p.m. at Central Assembly
- Reception immediately following.
Where in the World is Dr. Klaus?
- April 6-7—King-Seymour Leadership Forum,
- April 17-19—Southern California District
- April 21—Preaching at Southwestern Assembly
of God University, Waxahachie, Texas
- April 28—Yale University, New Haven Connecticut
- Monday, April 24–Friday, April 28
- Are you a full-time M.Div. Student?
- Do you have a GPA of 3.0 or higher?
- Do you possess a high aptitude for ministry, strong
leadership skills and have a strong ministry network in place?
- If this is you, stop by the Development Office
for more information on the new Partnership Program.
- Those selected for the program:
- Receive a 60% tuition scholarship
- Participate in specialized training in effective
- Attend leadership summits with leading pastors
and key business persons.
- Program is limited to 15 students.
- For further information, contact the Development
Office at 268-1012 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Daylight Savings Time
- Begins Sunday, April 2
- Spring your clock forward one hour on Saturday
Comprehensive Examination Dates
- Summer Session I—June 5
- Summer Session II & Post session—July
- Contact Norma Simmons for further details
- Still need to register for summer classes?
- Stop by the Registrar's Office as soon as possible.
Financial Aid News
April FA Deadline
- The secondary deadline for fall/spring federal financial
aid is April 30. The benefits of observing
this deadline include:
- Electronic FAFSA allows prompt consideration for
- Potential for receiving a Perkins loan increases
(based on funds on hand)
- First Stafford loan check available first week
- To qualify, the FAFSA and other forms must be
electronically submitted and processed by April 30.
- Other required forms must be submitted to AGTS
on or before the final deadline.
- Financial aid documents can be downloaded at legacy.agts.edu/financial_aid
- Final deadline for financial aid is July
- Contact the Financial Aid Office for further information.
Financial Aid Exit Interviews
- The U.S. Department of Education requires all
graduates or non-returning students who received a Stafford Loan
while at AGTS to attend a Financial Aid Exit Interview.
- Select one of the following dates to attend:
- Wednesday, April 5, 1:30 p.m., Room 225
- Thursday, April 6, 1:30 p.m., Room 225
Jeff Dornbusinessoffice@agts.edu or
2005-2006 Tuition and Fees
- The average educational cost at AGTS is $14,122 per
student per year.
- Tuition and fees cover $9,603 or 68%
- The remainder is funded by a grant from the General
Council of the Assemblies of God and the contributions of churches,
districts and individuals.
- The following fees are effective fall 2006:
per credit hour
- Audit— $96
per audit hour
- Technology fee—$150
- Student services fee—$130
- Graduation fee—$195
- Directed research—$250
- Accounts paid in full on or before the first day
of class are eligible for a 1% discount on net tuition.
Easter Weekend Building Hours
- Please note the building hours during the holiday
- Friday, April 14—10
- Saturday, April 15—10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Sunday, April 16—Closed
- Administrative offices will be closed on Friday,
but the library will be open until 6 p.m.
- Regular building hours will resume on Monday,
Passion Week Service Schedule
- Monday, April 10—6 p.m.
Byron D. Klaus
Up to Jerusalem”
- Tuesday, April 11—1:30 p.m.
Above Sea Level”
- Wednesday, April 12—10:30 a.m.
Significance of Easter”
- Thursday, April 13—9 a.m.
the Lamb, Not the Man”
- No classes on Good Friday, April 14.
- Administrative offices will also be closed.
Spiritual Formation Appointments
- All spiritual formation appointments must be completed
with Jay Taylor by Friday, April 21.
- Please contact Lori Warning in the Student Services
Department to schedule your appointment.
Library Hours for April 28–May 7
- Monday-Thursday—8 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Friday—8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday—Closed
- Regular hours will resume on Monday, May 8, with the start
of the first summer session classes.
Need a summer job...and beyond?
- The AGTS library will have a work-study position
opening at the end of the spring semester.
- To apply for this work-study position, contact
Rick Oliver or Catherine Code in the Library.
- Students can access items such as personal calendar,
financial aid information, billing, degree audit, your class
schedule and grades, student directory, degree information, etc.
- Access the student portal at legacy.agts.edu/current_students.html
Jennifer Berry —email@example.com
Mario Guerreiro’s Trips
- April 20—Bethany College, Scotts Valley,
- April 24- 26 —Northern California District
Council, Sacramento, California
- The Enrollment Office extends a hearty “Thank
you” to all the volunteers who helped make Seminary Day
a great success. We couldn’t have done it without
- Farewell, Dr. Ben Aker
- The Seminary bids an affectionate farewell to
Dr. Ben Aker as he retires from full-time service on the
- God bless you, Ben, with long life and good health
as you continue to serve Him.
- Welcome, Dr. Angela Reid!
- Dr. Angela Reid will join AGTS as of Fall 2006 as Assistant Professor
of Counseling Psychology.
- Drs. Lim, Rance, Gannon, Mostert and Lois Olena
- These outstanding AGTS professors presented or
responded to papers at the Society for Pentecostal Studies
at Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, California on
- Dr. Hernando, Dr. Castleberry and Dr. Klaus also
attended the meetings.
- Dr. Joseph Castleberry
- Met with president and dean of theology at the Christian
University of the AG in El Salvador about
establishing a future AGTS extension site, March 2-11.
- Preached at his former church and saw 30 people receive
the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Also, helped with a
construction team from Marlton, New Jersey.
- Drs. Palm, Oss & Castleberry
- Attended the Educating Clergy Conference sponsored
by the Wabash Center in Chicago, Illinois, March 11-13.