and Information for the AGTS Community
- Friday, March 17
- Mark your calendar because Seminary Day is fast approaching.
Be on the lookout for volunteer sign-up sheets!
- Perks of attending Seminary Day
- Let your friends and family know that if they
come to Seminary day, the application fee of $35 will be
- $1,000 scholarship drawing for those who attend.
- If you know anyone interested in attending AGTS,
please stop by the Enrollment Office. We would love to
send them further details and invite them to attend Seminary
- When: February 10-11
- Where: The Assumption Abbey in Ava, Missouri
- Cost: $20 (due in advance to secure reservation)
- Space is limited to 8 people, so sign up early! Deadline
is Friday, February 3.
- To sign up, pay registration fee or obtain further
information, contact Lori Warning.
- If you are unable to attend this Soul Quest event,
plan now to be a part of the March Soul Quest backpacking event
on March 24-25.
Incredible Pizza Night
- Tuesday, February 7, 5:30 p.m.
- Cost: Free!
- (Sign-up is required)
- What’s included? Pizza buffet and
a $5 game card for each person!
- All AGTS students, faculty and staff and their
families are invited to this night of family fun!
- Please sign up in the Student Lounge by Friday,
Spring Study Week
- Mark your calendar for the Spring Study Week: February
- This is a great time to catch up on reading or
get a head start on your papers.
Free Insurance for Children
- Do you need medical insurance for your children
while in seminary?
- Missouri Medicaid MC Plus Insurance, an income
based program, might be of assistance.
- For more information, call MC Plus at 895-6761 or
ask Dr. Palm for more information.
Fall 2006 Practicums
- Fall practicums must be approved and processed
- Applications are available from Norma Simmons,
or if a counseling practicum, from Holly Carlson.
Attention Spring Graduates
- Comprehensive examinations and the deadline for
submitting analytical reflection papers is Monday, March 13.
- Guidelines are available at legacy.agts.edu
- Contact Norma Simmons for further information.
Records Office needs your email address
- If you are not receiving AGTS information via email,
please contact the Registrar’s Office with your current
- See Geneva or Sarah.
Summer & Fall Registration
- Plan to register during March 7-10 and 14-17.
- Details available on the web and via email.
- Be sure to meet with your advisor prior to registration.
- Faculty sign-up sheets available February 28.
AGTS Rings & Graduation Announcements
- To order a class ring, see Ray Reid in the AGTS
- To order your graduation announcements, see display
in the Registrar’s Office or call 1-800-854-7464.
Financial Aid News
Deadline for Late Spring Loan
- Deadline to secure a Stafford Loan for spring 2006—February
- Forms available at legacy.agts.edu
Deadlines for Summer Loans
- Priority Deadline—March 6
- Final Deadline—March 20
- If you received financial aid this semester, just
complete a summer student loan data sheet.
- If you did not receive financial aid for spring
2006, the following documents (available in the Financial Aid
Office or online at legacy.agts.edu)
must be received by the deadline:
- FAFSA (2005-06) must be completed/processed by
- Financial Aid application
- Summer student loan data sheet
- Federal Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note,
if not done previously (only one MPN is necessary while attending
- Work Study application, if interested.
How To Apply for 2005-06 Student Loans
- Have on hand the following:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license
- Copy of 2004 income taxes
- Your PIN number (to apply for a PIN number,
go to www.pin.ed.gov)
- Go online to www.FAFSA.ed.gov
- Click on “Fill out a FAFSA” or “Fill
out a Renewal FAFSA” (for students who borrowed in
- After completing the FAFSA, submit your request with
your PIN number. (The PIN serves as an electronic
signature and will transmit your FAFSA to the Financial Aid
Apply NOW for Fall Financial Aid
- FAFSA 2006-07 available at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Deadlines for fall 2006:
- Priority Deadline–March
- Secondary Deadline–May
- Final Deadline–July
- In order to provide the best service for students
who complete the process on time, there will be NO EXCEPTIONS to
the above deadlines.
Spiritual Formation Requirement
- New students need to make an appointment with
Dr. Jay Taylor to fulfill the Spiritual Formation requirement.
- Second and third semester students who have not
met with Jay Taylor, please schedule an appointment to review
the Wagner-Modified Houts Questionnaire.
- See Lori Warning to schedule an appointment or get
a copy of the questionnaire—call 268-1081.
- Dr. Ben Aker will be the spotlight professor on
February 21, 6-8 p.m. in Student Lounge.
- All students are invited to come meet Dr. Aker in
this informal setting for a time of discussion and fellowship. (Limit:
- Sign-up sheet is available in the Student Lounge.
Chili Cook-off/SAC Luncheon
- Thursday, February 23—11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
in the Great Hall
- Bring your world-famous chili for the annual Chili
- If you intend to bring chili, please sign up in
the Student Lounge.
Business Office News
Jeff Dornbusinessoffice@agts.edu or
- Scholarships for the spring term will be posted
to student accounts in January.
- If you are a recipient, please review your February
account statement carefully to make sure that the award and
the accurate amount have been posted.
- Please report any discrepancies to the Business
Office as soon as possible.
Deferred Payment Dates
- Deferred payments for the spring semester
are due on or before February 15 and March 15
- Payments must be received in the Business Office
on or before these dates in order to avoid the $25 per month
New Access Cards
- Need your new access card? Please stop by the
Business Office at your earliest convenience.
- The new access card also serves as your student
Jennifer Berry —firstname.lastname@example.org
February Enrollment Trips
- February 5-7—National District Youth Directors
Conference, Branson, Missouri
- February 7—Lee’s University, Cleveland,
- February 10—Southeastern University, Lakeland,
- February 15—Florida Southern College, Lakeland,
- Know someone interested in AGTS? Contact a
member of the enrollment team to arrange a personal
visit while an AGTS representative is in their area.
Faculty Writing and Speaking
- Dr. Byron Klaus wrote an article, “The
Holy Spirit and Mission in Eschatological Perspective: A Pentecostal
Viewpoint,” that was published in Pneuma 27:2:2005.
- Dr. Roger Cotton wrote an article
entitled, “The Pentecostal Answer to the 90-10 Dilemma from
Numbers 11,” published in Enrichment , Winter
- Dr. Gary McGee spoke on “The
Contribution of Pentecostalism to Cross-Cultural Mission” on
January 3, at the Study Seminars on World Mission Conference
at Madison, Connecticut.
- Dr. Warren Newberry attended a
Leadership Forum of the Overseas Ministries Study
Center in New Haven, Connecticut on December 2-4.
- Dr. Stephen Lim spoke at a workshop
at the National Evangelists Conference in Springfield, Missouri
on the topic, “Optimum Strategies for Evangelistic Preaching
and Outreach.” He also wrote articles for Today’s
Pentecostal Evangel entitled,
- Q&A: Which Version of the Bible
Should We Believe?” (1/8)
- “A World of Choice” and “Q&A: Why
Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart?” (1/15)