and Information for the AGTS Community
Where in the World is Dr. Klaus?
- May 7-8—Ohio District Council Open House, Columbus, Ohio
- May 21-22—Illinois District Council, Peoria, Illinois
- May 27—Pentecost Sunday (AM services) at Central Assembly of God, Springfield, Missouri
- June 30-July 3—Minnesota District Family Camp
- July 31-August 3—Andean Missionary Retreat, Waxahachie, Texas
- August 6-11—General Council, Indianapolis, Indiana
Summer Chapel Schedule
- May 16—8:30-9:40 a.m.
- May 23—9:50-11:00 a.m.
- May 30—12:30-1:40 p.m.
- June 13—8:30-9:40 a.m.
- June 20—9:50-11:00 a.m.
- June 27—12:30-1:40 p.m.
- July 11—11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
AGTS Library is Hiring!
- The library is currently hiring for circulation clerk.
- Please contact Rick Oliver (268-1059) or Catherine Code (268-1063) in the Library today if interested.
New Intercultural Classroom
- The Intercultural Classroom (Room 229) will be dedicated to cross-cultural instruction. It will include all new furniture, carpet, and paint.
- The room incorporates a fully integrated technology package, all in an effort to aid the learning environment.
- The entire room is designed around the needs of students to enable the safe and convenient use of laptops and other electronic devices.
Del Tarr Online Auction a Success!
- Thank you to all who participated in AGTS’ first online auction. Together we were able to add almost $2000 to the Del Tarr Scholarship Fund!
Jan Maempa—email@example.com or 268-1014
Norma Simmons—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1070
Attention Summer Graduates
- Dates for comprehensive exams/deadlines for analytical reflection papers
- Summer Session I... June 4
- Summer Session II and Post Session... July 10
- Contact Norma Simmons for further details.
- Officially approved summer syllabi can be found on the AGTS website at legacy.agts.edu.
- Paper copies of syllabi will not be distributed in class.
Sarah Clark—email@example.com or
You’ve Got Mail!
- Check your email account periodically for special announcements, registration updates, etc.
- If your email address changes, contact the registrar’s office—firstname.lastname@example.org—or notify via AGT Student Portal (legacy.agts.edu/estudent).
- It is not too late to consider taking a summer class.
- Contact Geneva Heiskell or Sarah Clark for further information
- Registration forms available on the website—legacy.agts.edu
- First summer session—May 7
- Second summer session—June 4
- Post summer session—July 2
- Questions regarding grade changes?
- You can now view these changes via the AGTS Student Portal (legacy.agts.edu/estudent).
Financial Aid News
Flo Byerly—email@example.com or 268-1028
Late Summer Financial Aid
- If you missed the deadline for summer federal financial aid, you may still be eligible for a late summer loan.
- Students applying late need to make regular deferred payments through the Business Office via personal funds, credit card, or a short-term loan from an outside lender.
- For more information, contact Flo Byerly.
Final Deadline: Fall Stafford & Perkins Loans
- The 2007-08 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and all other financial aid forms must be received in the Financial Aid Office on or before July 6 in order for loan funds to be in place on the first day of classes.
- Your FAFSA (www.fafsa.ed.gov) and all other financial aid forms (legacy.agts.edu) can be electronically submitted and sent to our office.
- If you need additional information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 268-1028 or come by the Financial Aid Office
Business Office News
Steve Miramonti—email@example.com or 268-1035
Deferred Payment Dates
- Deferred payment dates for the summer semester are May 7, June 15 and July 15.
- Past due accounts are subject to a $25 per month late fee.
Full Cash Payment Discount
- If you pay off the summer balance of your account in full on or before May 7, the Business Office will post a 1% tuition rebate to your account for the summer semester.
- To be eligible for this rebate, however, your entire summer balance must be paid in full no later than May 7, regardless of the session(s) in which you are enrolled.
- The 1% is calculated on the net tuition fee, which is the total tuition charge less institutional aid and other institutional discounts and is available only to regular, masters-level students in the resident program.
Jennifer Berry—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1035
Word of Mouth Referrals
- If you have friends or family who may be interested in AGTS, please stop by the Enrollment Office and let us know. We would be happy to provide them with further information.
- Mario Guerreiro will represent AGTS at the Ohio District Council, May 7-9, Columbus, Ohio
- Dr. Roger Cotton
- Completed the manuscript for a Global University course on surveying the Pentateuch for ordination level.
- Attended the annual Central States regional meeting of the Society of Biblical Literature in St. Louis, Missouri
- Served as a judge for the student papers competing for an award, March 25
- Spoke at Evangel Temple in Springfield, Missouri, March 21 and 28.
- Dr. Joseph Castleberry—preached the Veracruz District Youth Conference, Veracruz, Mexico, April 10-12.
- Dr. David Thomas
- Taught “New Testament Theology” at Continental Theological Seminary, April 23-27
- Dr. DeLonn Rance
- Evening speaker at the San Salvador General Council, January 8-12
- Taught a masters-level course, “Biblical Theology of Missions” at the Evangel Theological Seminary, Jos, Nigeria, February 15-25
- Dr. Angela Reid
- Wrote a featured article for a Women’s Ministry luncheon in Jefferson City, Missouri entitled, “Women and Depression".
- Participated as a creative writing judge for a district Teen Talent Expo in Jefferson City, Missouri, March 17.
- Attended the Mayor’s Summit on Children conference addressing the needs of children in poverty in Springfield, Missouri, April 3.
- Assisted with Girl Talk, a Christian conference for junior and senior high girls addressing sexual purity—Rolla, Missouri, April 13-14.
Mary Miramonti —email@example.com or 268-1012
- Dr. Paul Martinez and Al and Darlene Palm will represent AGTS at the following district councils:
- April 9-11—Southern California
- April 17-19—New Mexico
Treasa Edmond—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1081
- Please remember that there is to be no food or drink in the Library or Chapel.
- Thank you for helping to keep our facilities clean and neat.
Friday, June 16, 2006 10:22 AM