and Information for the AGTS Community
AGTS Graduation Events
- Doctor of Ministry Symposium
- Friday, May 2, 12:30-2:15 p.m. AGTS Chapel
* Saturday, May 3, 1:30 p.m., Central Assembly
* Reception immediately following.
Where in the World is Dr. Klaus?
- April 6—First Assembly of God, Jamestown, ND
- April 7—Trinity Bible College, Ellendale, ND
- April 8-10—North Dakota District Council speaker, Minot, ND
- April 12-14—North Central Association accreditation meeting, Chicago, IL
- April 21-22—Kansas District Council speaker, Lenexa, KS
- April 25-26—Hispanic Educators Consortium meeting, La Puente, CA
AGTS Golf Tournament
- Sign up today!
- Thursday, May 1 at 1 p.m. at Rivercut Golf Course in Springfield, Missouri
- Special AGTS price: $64 per person
- Contact Paul or Mary in the Development Office for more details.
- Dr. George Wood, General. Superintendent of the Assemblies of God, will be our special guest. Wednesday, April 16, Noon-1:30 p.m. in the Great Hall
- All students and their spouses are welcome to attend. Dr. Wood will be distributing his latest book, free of charge, to all those who attend.
- Event is by sign-up only. A sign-up sheet will be available in the Student Lounge on April 2
- Friday, April 11—Noon-9 p.m.
- Chapel speaker: Dr. George Wood
- Chapel begins at 1:30 p.m.
- We welcome the assistance of faculty and students during the various activities throughout the event.
- Please visit Ali Young in the Enrollment Office to discuss how you can be part of introducing future students to the
AGTS family! Each One, Pray One
- We called over 1650 of our graduates. We personally prayed with over 420 graduates and left “voice mail prayers” with over 1000 others. Thanks to all the students, staff and administrators who called to pray with our alumni.
Jan Maempa—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1014
Norma Simmons—email@example.com or 268-1070
- Still need to register for summer classes?
- Stop by the Registrar's Office as soon as possible.
Sarah Clark—firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Still need to register for summer classes?
- Stop by the Registrar's Office as soon as possible
- Leaving Springfield?
- The Registrar’s Office needs your forwarding address, telephone and email.
- Email changes to email@example.com or notify via AGTS Student Portal (legacy.agts.edu/estudent)
Financial Aid News
Flo Byerly—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1028
Financial Aid Deadline
- The secondary deadline for fall/spring federal financial aid is May 5. The benefits of observing this deadline include:
- Electronic FAFSA allows prompt consideration for loan
- Potential for receiving a Perkins loan increases (based on funds on hand)
- First Stafford loan check available first week of classes
- To qualify, the FAFSA must be electronicallysubmitted and processed by May 5 by the Central Processor.
- Other required forms must be submitted to AGTS on or before the final deadline.
- Financial aid documents can be downloaded at legacy.agts.edu/financial_aid
- Final deadline for financial aid is July 7.
- Contact the Financial Aid Office for more details—268-1028 or email@example.com.
Financial Aid Exit Interviews
- The U.S. Department of Education requires all graduates or non-returning students who received a Stafford Loan while at AGTS to attend a Financial Aid Exit Interview.
- Select one of the following dates to attend:
- Wednesday, April 9, 1:30 p.m., Room 226
- Thursday, April 10, 1:30 p.m., Room 226
Business Office News
Steve Miramonti—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1035
2007-2008 Tuition and Fees
- Tuition covers about 65% of the cost of education at AGTS.
- The rest is funded by a grant from the General Council of the Assemblies of God and the contributions of churches, districts and individuals.
- The tuition rate effective fall 2008 is $479 per credit hour, a 3% increase over the current tuition rate.
- Accounts paid in full on or before the first day of the semester are eligible for a 1% rebate on net tuition.
- Net tuition is the full tuition charge less tuition discounts and institutional scholarships.
Financial Registration for Summer & Fall
- If you have not yet completed financial registration for the fall or summer terms, please stop by the Business Office as soon as possible and sign your promissory note.
- Registration for these terms is not complete until financial arrangements have been made with the Business Office.
Institutional and Alumni Relations
Deborah Fegler—email@example.com or 268-1022
Seminary Receives Grant
- AGTS just received a $21,180 grant from The Chatlos Foundation, Inc, in Longwood, Florida, for missionary scholarships for the Doctor of Missiology program.
Treasa Edmond—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1081
Work-Study Positions Available
- Work-Study positions will become available for the AGTS Library in April, with additional positions available over the summer.
- See Rick Oliver or Christa Teachout for further information.
Library Hours for April 25–May 4
- Monday-Friday— 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday—.Closed
- Regular hours will resume on Monday, May 5, with the start of the first summer session classes.
Alison Young —email@example.com or 268-1031
Word of Mouth Referrals
- Know someone interested in AGTS?
- Contact a member of the enrollment team to arrange a personal visit while an AGTS representative is in their area.
- Dr. Mark Hausfeld
- February 5-6—met with students & spoke in chapel at Valley Forge Christian College in Phoenixville, PA
- February 8—spoke for Campus Missions Fellowship at CBC in Springfield, MO
- February 9—Spoke on Islam in America at “The Breakfast Club of Springfield” in Springfield, MO
- February 12—Third Hogan Lecture, “Islam in America: Reaching Muslims through the Local Church Part II” Springfield, MO
- February 13—featured speaker for CBC’s Mission’s Festival Week, Springfield, MO
- Dr. Johan Mostert
- February 25-29—taught “Counseling Diverse Populations” in San Jose, Costa Rica
- Dr. DeLonn Rance
- February 25-29—taught “Contextualized Theology” in San Jose, Costa Rica
- March 8-9—Preached a missions convention at the AG church in Spearfish, South Dakota
- March 12-15—Presented a paper entitled, “The Unique Contribution of Salvadorans in a Global Context” at the Society for Pentecostal Studies.
- Dr. Melody Palm
- January—she launched Still Waters Counseling (SWC), a Christian Counseling Center in Springfield, Missouri, in partnership with three other counselors.
- She worked with Missouri Advocates for Mental Health; they are following mandated changes in health care and pending legislation in Missouri, concerning mental health coverage and how these will affect the treatment of the poor, elderly, and abused and neglected children.
- Dr. Angela Reid
- Wrote the feature article, “Emotional Health and Wellness,” in the February 2008 issue of Pentecostal Messenger.
- Dr. Gary McGee
- His book, Initial Evidence: Historical and Biblical Perspectives on the Pentecostal Doctrine of Spirit Baptism, with an addendum by Robert P. Menzies, was reprinted by Wipf & Stock.
Friday, June 16, 2006 10:22 AM