and Information for the AGTS Community
Annual Spring Lectureship
- January 15-17
- Guest speaker: Dr. Craig Keener
- Topic: New Testament Theology of Missions
- Chapel presentations:
- Tuesday—6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday—10:30 a.m.
- Thursday—9:00 a.m.
- SAC sponsored luncheon and Q&A with Dr. Keener on January 16, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- See bulletin boards for additional information.
Spring Library Hours
- Regular spring hours begin on Sat., January 6
- Mon.-Wed.— 8:00 a.m.– 10:00 p.m.
- Thurs.—8:00 a.m.– 10:30 p.m.
- Fri.— 8:00 a.m.– 10:00 p.m.
- Saturday—10:00 a.m.– 6:00 p.m.
- Any exceptions to this schedule will be posted in advance.
- Coming in March!
- Make plans now to join the Each One Pray One prayer campaign on March 10 and 11.
- We anticipate every member of the AGTS Community (Students, Faculty, Staff, and Administration) to commit at least one hour to call AGTS alumni to pray for their lives, families and ministries.
- Your participation can make a difference in someone’s life.
- See Paul or Mary in the Development Office for more information.
Day of Renewal
- Thursday, January 24
- Special speaker: Dr. Earl Creps
- Service times: 9:30 a.m.; 1:30 p.m.; 6:30 p.m.
- All students and faculty are encouraged to attend two of the three services.
- There will be no classes and offices will be closed so students and faculty can set aside a day to seek God’s face.
- Childcare will be provided for the 6:30 p.m. service.
- SAC will provide lunch following the 9:30 a.m. service in the Great Hall. Please make plans to join us for this time of fellowship and community building.
Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday
- Monday, January 21, AGTS classes and offices will be closed in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday.
New Student Coffee Night
- All new and returning students are invited to a time of fellowship at Kaldi’s Coffee on West Battlefield on Tuesday, January 4 at 6 p.m. SAC will pick up the tab!
Jordan Valley Ice Skate Night
- Friday, January 25 at 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Jordan Valley Ice Arena
- The AGTS Community is invited to an evening of ice skating. AGTS will cover admission fee, but skate rental ($2.50 each) is students’ responsibility.
- Sign-up form will be available in Student Lounge at the beginning of spring semester.
- For more information, contact SAC office at 268-1066.
Jan Maempa—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1014
Norma Simmons—email@example.com or 268-1070
Student Appointments with Faculty
- Sign up on the appointment forms posted by office doors.
- If off campus, contact the faculty secretary, Norma Simmons, at 268-1070.
- Email faculty by using their first initial and last name, as in this example: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Library Research Orientation
- During new student orientation, the library will provide new and returning students with a training session designed to acquaint students with library resources and research tools.
- Date and time to be announced. Check with library staff for further specific information.
Sarah Clark—email@example.com or
Spring Course Changes
- Tuesday, January 22 is the final deadline to make spring course changes in the Registrar’s Office.
- The tuition refund policy for spring courses dropped:
- 90% January 8-15
- 80% January 16-23
- 70% January 24-February 1
- No refund after February 1.
Free Audit for Spouses
- Registration is Monday-Friday, March 3-7.
- Summer graduates should plan to register early that week.
Financial Aid News
Flo Byerly—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1028
Deadline for Late Spring Loans
- February 11 is the deadline to secure a Stafford Loan for the spring semester.
- Forms are available at legacy.agts.edu.
Business Office News
Steve Miramonti—email@example.com or 268-1035
Spring 2008 Scholarships
- Scholarships for the spring term will post to student accounts by the first of February.
- If you are a recipient, please review your February account statement carefully to make sure that the award and the accurate amount have been posted.
- Please report any discrepancies to the Business Office as soon as possible.
Deferred Payment Dates
- Deferred payments for the spring semester are due on or before January 7, February 15 and March 15.
- Payments must be received in the Business Office on or before these dates in order to avoid the $25 per month late fee.
Scholarship Applications for Fall 2008
- Scholarship applications for the fall semester are available in the Business Office in January.
- The forms must be completed and submitted by 4:00 p.m. on January 31.
- Awards will be determined by the Scholarship Committee and scholarship notifications made by March 1.
Alison Young —firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1031
Word of Mouth Referrals
- If you have friends or family who might be interested in AGTS, please stop by the Enrollment Office and let us know. We would be happy to provide them with further information.
- Friday, April 11
- If you are interested in helping out, please contact Alison Young at 268-1031.
Treasa Edmond—email@example.com or 268-1081
- In the rare event that classes are canceled due to severe winter weather, the major television and radio stations in Springfield will be notified that the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary (not the same as the Assembly of God Christian School) has canceled classes.
- Before calling the Seminary, listen for such announcements.
- The Khoo Kay Peng Prayer Room is literally at the center of the AGTS complex; we want to insure that it is at the spiritual center of our life together.
- As we move into the New Year, please make time for prayer in the prayer room.
Spiritual Formation Requirement
- New students need to make an appointment with Dr. Jay Taylor to fulfill the Spiritual Formation requirement.
- Second semester students who have not met with Dr. Jay Taylor need to pick up the Wagner-Modified Houts Questionnaire in the Student Services office.
- Please contact Treasa in the Student Services Office to schedule an appointments or call 268-1081.
- February 8-10 at Assumption Abbey in Ava, Missouri
- Retreat will center around the traditions, theology and practical tips for silence, solitude and prayer.
- Sign up deadline is January 31. Please see Treasa in the Student Services office or call 268-1081.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the Library or Chapel.
- Thank you for helping keep our facilities neat and clean.
Ladies Night Out
- Friday, February 1, 7-9 p.m. in the Great Hall
- Ladies from the AGTS community are invited to attend an evening of fun and fellowship .
- Childcare available by request.
- Additional information will be sent by mail.
- Dr. Roger Cotton
- November 23-December 3—he and his wife, Bonnie, taught a graduate course entitled, “Critical Issues in the Pentateuch” for Cape Town Theological Seminary, under Marvin Gilbert, Cape Town, South Africa.
- He was honored for 20 years of teaching at AGTS on December 7.
- Wrote a course, “Survey of the Pentateuch” for Global University, which has just been published. It will be used for ordination level studies in the Berean School of the Bible.
- Dr. James Hernando
- On December 5, he completed a class, They Came to Jesus—Personal Interviews/Dialog From John’s Gospel, at the Victory Trade School in Springfield, Missouri.
- Dr. Gary McGee
- His article entitled, “Miracles” was recently published in Encyclopedia of Mission and Missionaries, Jonathan J. Bonk, ed. (NY:Routledge), 2007.
- Dr. Cheryl Taylor
- December 4-6—taught in Lakeland, Florida for the CLR cohort.
Friday, May 28, 2010 4:28 PM