and Information for the AGTS Community
Where in the World is Dr. Klaus?
- March 14—Commissioning Service, Assemblies of God U. S. Missions, Springfield, Missouri
- March 17-18—ATS Church and Seminary Task Force, Chicago, Illinois
- March 24-26—Southern California District Council, Anaheim, California
- March 27—AGTS West, Sacramento, California
AGTS Golf Tournament
- Thursday, May 1 at 1 p.m. at Rivercut Golf Course in Springfield, Missouri
- $70 per person or $280 per team
- Special price for AGTS alumni or students: $64 per person
- Game packages and great prizes
- All proceeds go to student scholarships.
- Contact Paul or Mary in the Development Office for more details.
Each One Pray One
- March 10-11, 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
- We anticipate every member of the AGTS Community (students, staff, faculty, administration) to commit at least one hour to call and pray for AGTS alumni, their families and their ministries.
- Your participation can make a difference in someone's life.
- Please see Paul or Mary in the Development Office to sign up and reserve your space today!
- Special guest: Dr. Christine Morgan
- Date: Tuesday, March 4, 6:30 p.m.
- Location: Student Lounge
- RSVP required. Sign up in the Student Lounge.
Day Light Saving Time Begins
- Sunday, March 9
- Don’t forget to set your clock forward one hour!
Final Exams Week
- Monday-Friday, April 21-25
Jan Maempa—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1014
Norma Simmons—email@example.com or 268-1070
Reminder for Spring Graduates
- Comprehensive examinations and the deadline for submitting analytical reflection papers is Monday, March 10.
- Guidelines available at legacy.agts.edu.
- Contact Norma Simmons if you have any questions—268-1070.
- Hebrew IA and IB will be offered this summer, but will not be offered again until Summer 2009.
- Because we are revising our curriculum, Fall 2008 is the last time HISD 701 Christianity in the Modern & Postmodern Eras will be offered.
Great Summer Class Opportunities
- Intercultural Urban Ministries in Chicago
- May 12-18
- Professor—Dr. Mark Hausfeld
- Leading Change & Revitalizing Ministry
- June 2-6
- Professors—Mario Guerreiro and Paul Martinez
- Theology & Practice of Spiritual Gifts
- June 16-20
- Professor—Dr. David Lim
Business Office News
Steve Miramonti—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1035
March Deferred Payment
- The third deferred payment for the spring term is due by March 15.
- Past due accounts will be assessed a $25 late payment fee.
Building Hours for Easter Weekend
- Administrative offices will be closed on Good Friday, March 21.
- The library will be open from 10:00 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Please note the building hours during the holiday weekend:
- Friday, March 21—10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Saturday, March 22—10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Sunday, March 23—Closed
- Regular building hours will resume on Monday, March 24.
Sarah Clark—email@example.com or
- March 3-7
- Check your email for details.
- Appointment sheets posted on office doors on February 21.
- Sign up to see faculty advisor.
- Graduates should plan to register early to ensure enrollment.
Financial Aid News
Flo Byerly—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1028
To Apply for Summer Financial Aid
- If you received financial aid this semester, just complete a summer student loan data sheet.
- Priority Deadline: March 7
- Final Deadline: March 31
Apply Now for Fall Financial Aid
- The 2008-2009 FAFSA is available at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Click on “Fill out a FAFSA” or “Fill out a Renewal FAFSA” (for students who borrowed in 2007-2008).
- After completing the FAFSA, submit your request with your PIN number.
- Submit completed AGTS Financial Aid Forms on our website—legacy.agts.edu/financial_aid
Deadlines for Fall Financial Aid
- Priority Deadline—April 4
- Secondary Deadline—May 5
- Final Deadline—July 6
- Please note that in order to provide the best service for students who completed the process on time, all Financial Aid Forms completed after the Final Deadline will be processed starting on or around August 1.
Treasa Edmond—email@example.com or 268-1081
- Thursday, March 20—4:45- 6:00 p.m. AGTS Balcony
- Come enjoy a time of fellowship with other students and faculty members.
Student Formation Requirement
- New students need to make an appointment with Dr. Jay Taylor to fulfill the Spiritual Formation requirement.
- Second semester students who have not met with Dr. Jay Taylor need to pick up the Wagner-Modified Houts Questionnaire and schedule an appointment.
- Reminder to all other students: You must meet with Dr. Taylor once a year after your first year to meet your Spiritual Formation requirement.
- To schedule an appointment, see Treasa in the Student Services office or call 268-1081.
- Dr. Gary McGee
- Congratulations to Dr. McGee whose name was included in the recent Westminster Dictionary of Theologians (Westminster John Knox Press), edited by Justo L. Gonzalez. · Spoke on “Pentecostal Contributions to World Mission” at the Student Seminars on World Mission Conference in January at Madison, Connecticut, sponsored by the Overseas Ministries Study Center.
- Dr. Roger Cotton
- Taught February 6 & 13 at Evangel Temple in Springfield, on “Unlocking the Old
- Dr. Johan Mostert
- Traveled to Providence Seminary in Winnipeg, Manitoba to present a weeklong
course to their MA Counseling students on the integration of psychology and theology.
Institutional and Alumni Relations
Deborah Fegler—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1022
Alumni Provide Scholarships
- Your scholarship needs are important to AGTS alumni.
- Their year-end gifts to the Pentecostal Leaders Fund for scholarships increased 85% in 2007.
Friday, June 16, 2006 10:22 AM