Volume XXVIII, Number 9
and Information for the AGTS Community
Farewell Dr. Mark Bradford
seminary expresses deep gratitude to Dr. Mark Bradford for seven
years of dedicated teaching and leadership at AGTS. Best
wishes, Dr. Bradford!
- Paper copies of syllabi will no longer be distributed
- Officially approved summer syllabi
can be found on the AGTS
website at legacy.agts.edu or
in the library upon request.
World Class Faculty Guests—Summer 2004
Marc Turnage—Hebrew IA and IB
- M.A., Jerusalem University College; Ph.D. candidate,
Bar Ilan University in Tel Aviv.
- Turnage has mastered modern and classical Hebrew
during several years of study in Israel and has perfected a method
of teaching Hebrew with pictorial images that make the language
easier to understand.
Frank Macchia—The Holy Spirit
- Th.D., University of Basel.
- Associate Professor of Christian Theology; Director
of Graduate Program in Religion, Vanguard University
- Specialty: Pentecostal Theology
- Past president of
Society for Pentecostal Studies
- Editor of Pneuma: The Journal of the Society
for Pentecostal Studies
David Lim—Theology and Practice
of Charismatic Ministry.
- D.Min., Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary
- Pastor of Grace AG Church in Singapore
- President of Asia Pacific Theological Seminary, Philippines
- Author of Spiritual Gifts—A Fresh Look and
several chapters in Systematic Theology—A Pentecostal
Perspective and Pentecostal Pastor
of Christ in a Pluralistic Society.
- D.Phil., Oxford Centre for Mission Studies
- President, Southern India Bible College
- Chairman of the Asia Theological Association in India
Dr. Klaus' Ministry in May
- Commencement speaker at Zion Bible Institute, Providence,
- Speaker at the Pastor’s Conference at the Christ
for Ireland Pastor’s Institute in Dublin, Ireland
- Plenary speaker at the Oxford World Mission Briefing
at the Oxford Centre for Mission Studies, Oxford, United Kingdom
- Chapel during the summer session will be held every Tuesday from
11:50 a.m.-12:20 p.m., beginning on May 11 and ending on June 22.
Attention Summer Graduates
- Please note the following dates and deadlines for
the comprehensive examination and the analytical reflection
- Summer Session I—June 7
- Summer Session II & Post session—July
Admissions, Records & Financial Aid News
You’ve Got Mail!
- Check your email account periodically for special
announcements, registration updates, etc.
- If your email address changes, contact the registrar
Summer Registration Still Open
- It is not too late to consider taking a summer class.
- Contact the Records Office:
- First summer sessionMay 3
- Second summer sessionJune 1
- Post summer sessionJune 28
Late Summer Financial Aid
- If you missed the deadline for summer federal financial
aid, you may still be eligible for a
- Students applying late need to make regular deferred
payments through the Business Office via personal funds,
credit card or a short-term loan from an outside lender until
the late loan funds arrive.
- For more information, contact Debbie at
Final Deadline: Fall Stafford & Perkins
- July 16 is the final deadline for all financial aid
forms to be submitted to the Financial Aid Office
and the FAFSA 2004-05 to be finalized by the Central Processor.
- Submit your FAFSA electronically and turn your forms
into the Financial Aid Office to meet the deadline.
Business Office News
Jeff Dornbusinessoffice@agts.edu or
Deferred Payment Dates
- Deferred payment dates for the summer semester are
May 3, June 15 and July 15.
- Past due accounts are subject to a $25 per month
Full Cash Payment Discount
- If you pay off the summer balance of your account
in full on or before May 3, the Business Office will post a
1% tuition rebate to your account for the summer semester.
- To be eligible for this rebate, however, your entire
summer balance must be paid in full no later than May 3, regardless
of the session(s) in which you are enrolled.
- The 1% is calculated on the net tuition fee, which
is the total tuition charge less institutional aid and other
institutional discounts and available only to regular, masters-level
students in the resident program.
- If you have questions, please stop by the Business
- Attended the annual meeting of the Central States
Region of the Society of Biblical Literature in St. Louis on March
- Chaired ATS evaluating team to Logos Evangelical
Seminary, El Monte, California,
- Speaker for the National Chinese Fellowship Ministers’ Retreat
in Redwood City, California, from March 22-24.
Dr. Jim Railey
- Attended Society for Pentecostal Studies Conference,
March 11-13, Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Responded to a paper presented by Sin Ho Kim, “The
Body—The Bearer of Blessing: The Comparison
of The Concepts of The Body and Blessings Between Korean Pentecostalism
- Wrote “Arminian Response to Open View,” Pneuma
Review 7:2 (Spring 2004), 51-56; “Arminian
Response to Charismatic Calvinism View,” Pneuma Review 7:2