and Information for the AGTS Community
Volume XXVIII, Number 6
Bible & Theology
- February 2, at 2:30 p.m. in the AGTS chapel
- Topic: Prescribing Old Testament Law: A
- Speaker: Dr. Roger Cotton
Free Insurance for Children
- Do you need medical insurance for your
children while in seminary?
- Missouri Medicaid MC Plus Insurance,
an income based program, might be of assistance.
- For more information,
call MC Plus at 895-6761 or ask Dr. Palm for more information.
Where in the World is Dr. Klaus?
- Teaching at AGTS—Biblical Theology of Ministry,
January 31-February 4
- February 13—First Assembly, Fargo,
- When: February 18 & 19
- Where: The Assumption Abbey in Ava,
- If you are interested in this time of spiritual renewal,
see Amy Turnage in the Student Services Office to signup.
is limited, so signup early.
Wireless-enabled Laptops or PDA’s
- Wireless connectivity to the Internet is now available
throughout the building.
- You do not need an encryption key to
access the AGTS wireless
- In order to access the wireless network, you will
need to create a new “Preferred” network, utilizing
the advanced settings in the software provided with your wireless
card. This network must be named: Lib_SAC
- The library and SAC
wireless networks have merged. Only one
new network ID is needed.
Fall 2005 Practicums
- Fall practicums must be approved
and processed February 8-11.
- Applications are available from
Norma Simmons, or if a counseling practicum, from Holly Carlson.
Attention Spring Graduates
- Comprehensive examinations and the deadline for submitting
analytical reflection papers is Monday, March 14.
are available at legacy.agts.edu
- Contact Norma Simmons for further
Records & Financial Aid News
Records Office needs your email address
- If you are not receiving AGTS information via email,
please contact Registrar’s Office with your current email
address. See Geneva or Sarah.
Summer & Fall Registration
- Plan to register during March 8-10 and 15-17.
- Details available
on the web and via email.
- Be sure to meet with your advisor prior
- Sign-up sheets available February 21.
AGTS Rings & Graduation Announcements
- On February 17, a Jostens representative will be
on campus to take orders for class rings and graduation announcements.
- Stop by the table near the Admissions Office to place your
Deadline for Late Spring Loan
- Deadline to secure a Stafford Loan—February
- Forms available at legacy.agts.edu
Deadlines for Summer Loans
- Priority Deadline—February 25
- Final Deadline—March
- If you received financial aid for spring classes,
complete a summer student loan data sheet, available at legacy.agts.edu
or in the Financial Aid Office.
- If you did not receive
financial aid for spring 2005, the following documents (available
in the Financial Aid Office or online at legacy.agts.edu ) must
be received by the deadline:
- FAFSA (2004-05) must be completed/processed
by Central Processor.
- Financial Aid application, summer student
loan data sheet.
- Federal Stafford Loan Master Promissory
Note (MPN), if not done previously (only one MPN is necessary
while attending AGTS)
- Work Study application, if interested.
How To Apply for 2005-2006 Student
- Have on hand the following:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license
- Copy of 2004 income taxes
- Your PIN number (to apply for
a PIN number, go to www.pin.ed.gov )
- Go online to www.FAFSA.ed.gov
on “Fill out a FAFSA” or “Fill
out a Renewal FAFSA” (for students who borrowed in 2004-05)
- After completing the FAFSA, submit your request with your
PIN number. (The PIN serves as an electronic signature
and will transmit your FAFSA to the Financial Aid Office.)
Fall Financial Aid Deadlines
- The FAFSA 2005-2006 is available at www.fafsa.edu.gov
- Deadlines for fall 2005 are:
- Priority deadline—March
- Secondary deadline—April 30
- Final deadline—July
- Please note that in order to provide the best service
for students who complete the process on time,
there will be NO EXCEPTIONS to the above deadlines.
Student Lounge Remodeling
- In an effort to better serve the student body, SAC
will be remodeling the Student Lounge.
- Due to the remodeling,
the Student Lounge will be closed the month of February.
Spiritual Formation Requirement
- New students need to make an appointment
with Dr. Jay Taylor to go over their Christian Life Profile
- Returning students who are second
and third semester students who have not met with Dr. Taylor
to go over the Wagner-Modified Houts Questionnaire, need to schedule an appointment.
- Contact Amy in the Student Services Office or call 268-1081
to schedule an appointment.
Editors Needed for Spring 2005 semester
- We are looking for students who would be willing
to help other students edit their papers. ( You tell us what
you charge per page to edit.)
- If you were an “A” student
in your undergraduate English studies and would be willing
to assist other students by doing editorial work, please contact
Amy in the Student Services Office at 268-1081.
Need a FREE email address?
- Contact Rick Oliver in the Library to set up a free
email account accessible at home or in the computer
Business Office News
Jeff Dornbusinessoffice@agts.edu or
- Scholarships for the spring term will be posted to
student accounts in January.
- If you are a recipient, please review
your February account statement carefully to make sure that
the award and the accurate amount have been posted.
- Please report
any discrepancies to the Business Office as soon as possible.
Deferred Payment Dates
- Deferred payments for the spring semester are
due on or before January 6, February 15, and March 15
must be received in the Business Office on or before these
dates in order to avoid the $25 per month late fee.
Dr. Roger Cotton
- Preached at Bethel Reformed Church in Harvey,
Illinois, January 2.
- Wrote an endorsement of the book Spiritual
Seasons, written by his former student, Thomas
Vaughn, and published by Chosen Books (Baker).
Veronica Smith—email@example.com or
- Paul Martinez will attend the Assemblies of God Financial
Services Group Conference in Orlando, Florida—February
- He will also attend the Development & Institutional
Advancement Program—February 17-19.