and Information for the AGTS Community
Final Hogan Lecture
- January 20—1:30-2:45 p.m. in the chapel
- Speaker: Dr. DeLonn Rance
- Topic: “Fulfilling the Apostolic Mandate in Apostolic Power: Apostolic Praxis: Driven by the Spirit or by the Wind and the Waves?
Spring Library Hours
- Regular spring hours begin on Monday, January 5
- Mon.-Wed. 8:00 a.m.–10:00 p.m.
- Thurs. 8:00 a.m.– 10:30 p.m.
- Fri. 8:00 a.m.– 10:00 p.m.
- Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Sun. Closed
- Any exceptions to this schedule will be posted in advance.
Computer Lab Changes
- The AGTS Library will be adjusting the manner in which students log-on to computers in the Student Computer Lab in order to better take advantage of Student Portal accounts. Further details will be emailed directly to students and posted in the library.
Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday
- Monday, January 19, AGTS classes and offices will be closed in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday.
Day of Renewal
- Thursday, January 29
- Special speaker: Rev. Bryan Jarrett
- Service times: 9:30 a.m.; 1:30 p.m.; 6:30 p.m.
- All students and faculty are encouraged to attend two of the three services.
- There will be no classes and offices will be closed so students and faculty can set aside a day to seek God’s face.
- Childcare will be provided for the 6:30 p.m. service.
Where in the World is Dr. Klaus?
- January 4—Preaching at Evangel Temple, Springfield, Missouri
- January 7-11—Fellowship of Evangelical Seminary Presidents, San Antonio, Texas
Student Writing Contest
- Congratulations to AGTS student, John Johnson, who won a third prize ($300) in Ministry Journal’s Student Writing Contest.
- His article, “The Trinity at the Cross,” will appear in the February 2009 issue.
- Submit a paper for the new contest.
- Pick up a copy of the requirements from Treasa Edmond.
- All submissions are due by June 30.
- A total of 12 prizes will be given, ranging from $300 to $750.
Jan Maempa—email@example.com or 268-1014
Norma Simmons—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1070
Student Appointments with Faculty
- Sign up on the appointment forms posted by office doors.
- If off campus, contact the faculty secretary, Norma Simmons, at 268-1070.
- Email faculty by using their first initial and last name, as in this example: email@example.com.
- If you will begin your first counseling practicum in Summer 2009, please make an appointment
to meet with Dr. Reid in January. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Faith and Science Blog
- See Facebook under “Steve Krstulovich”
- Check weekly for new discoveries and insights
Sarah Clark—email@example.com or
Spring Course Changes
- Tuesday, January 20 is the final deadline to make spring course changes.
- The tuition refund policy for spring courses dropped:
- 90% January 6-12
- 80% January 13-20
- 70% January 21-29
- No refund after January 29.
Free Audit for Spouses
- Registration is Monday-Friday, March 2-6.
- Summer graduates should plan to register early that week.
Financial Aid News
Flo Byerly—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1028
Deadline for Late Spring Loans
- February 11 is the deadline to secure a Stafford Loan for the spring semester.
- Forms are available at legacy.agts.edu.
Linda Smith—email@example.com or 268-1028
Word of Mouth Referrals
- If you have friends or family who might be interested in AGTS, please stop by the Enrollment Office and let us know. We would be happy to provide them with further information.
- Mario Guerreiro will visit Northwest University on January 30.
- Bethany Bosworth and Amanda Bullock will visit Sheffield Family Life Center/Sheffield School of Ministry in Kansas City, Missouri on January 20.
Business Office News
Steve Miramonti—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1035
Spring 2009 Scholarships
- Scholarships for the spring term will post to student accounts by the first of February.
- If you are a recipient, please review your February account statement carefully to make sure that the award and the accurate amount have been posted.
- Please report any discrepancies to the Business Office as soon as possible.
Deferred Payment Dates
- Deferred payments for the spring semester are due on or before January 5, February 15 and
- Payments must be received in the Business Office on or before these dates in order to avoid the $25 per month late fee.
Scholarship Applications for Fall 2009
- Scholarship applications for the fall semester are available in the Business Office in January.
- The forms must be completed and submitted by 4:00 p.m. on January 30.
- Awards will be determined by the Scholarship Committee and scholarship notifications made
by March 1.
- In the rare event that classes are canceled due to severe winter weather, the major television and radio stations in Springfield will be notified that the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary (not the same as the Assembly of God Christian School) has canceled classes.
- Before calling the Seminary, listen for such announcements.
- The Khoo Kay Peng Prayer Room is literally at the center of the AGTS complex; we want to insure that it is at the spiritual center of our life together.
- As we enter a new year, please make time for prayer in the prayer room.
Spiritual Formation Requirement
- New students need to make an appointment with Dr. Jay Taylor to fulfill the Spiritual Formation requirement.
- Second semester students who have not met with Dr. Jay Taylor need to pick up the Wagner-Modified Houts Questionnaire in the Student Services office.
- Please contact Treasa in the Student Services Office to schedule an appointment or call 268-1081.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the Library or Chapel.
- Thank you for helping keep our facilities neat and clean.
Ladies Night Out
- Friday, February 6, 7-9 p.m. in the Great Hall
- Ladies from the AGTS community are invited to attend an evening of fun and fellowship .
- Childcare available by request.
- Additional information will be sent by mail.
Institutional & Alumni Relations
Seminary Receives Grant
- AGTS received a $25,000 grant from the V. Eugene and Rosalie DeFreitas Charitable Foundation in Saugus, MA. The grant increases their scholarship endowment at AGTS to $50,000 and provides financial aid to students preparing or appointed as missionaries.
Alumni Support Scholarships
- Alumni quickly responded to the need for more student scholarships by sending year-end gifts to increase scholarships awarded through the AGTS Pentecostal Leaders Fund. Their total giving will be tabulated by mid-January to provide additional scholarships.
- Dr. James Hernando
- November 30—taught a Sunday School class on “Christian Character: Modesty” at Leominster AG, pastored by AGTS alum, Mark Boucher.
- Dr. Roger Cotton
- Will be on sabbatical during the 2009 spring semester.
- Mark Hausfeld
- October 4—Participated in the mortgage burning ceremony for the church he pioneered and built, Maranatha Assembly of God, Chicago.
- October 14-20—Tajikistan--Convoy of Hope outreach in Tajikistan. Preached in first Tajik speaking Pentecostal church in the capital, Dushanbe.
- October 21-25—Visited AGWM missionaries and national leaders in Kazakhstan
- November 8—taught Islam in America Seminar at Grace AG, New Whiteland, Indiana.
- November 14—Contextualized Theology class went to the Islamic Center of Springfield to experience in real time Muslims at prayer and a sermon in a mosque. Q & A time followed with the leadership of the mosque.
- DeLonn Rance
- November 21-22—taught "Introduction to Missions” at the Ohio School of Ministry in Columbus, Ohio.
- November 24-29—participated in the “Missionary Fellowship of Central America” in El Salvador.
- December 1-4—served on the “Together in Missions” committee, which represents AG missions sending agencies in Spanishspeaking Latin America, Miami, Florida
- Johan Mostert, Angela Reid and 5 students
- November 15—attended the Midwest Christian Psychology Conference at College of the Ozarks in Point Lookout, Missouri
Friday, May 28, 2010 4:28 PM